The Inspiration Block: Monkey Wrench!In honor of my good friend Trisha Frankland and May being her birthday month I asked her what her favorite block was – a Monkey Wrench! So – that’s what we all get to be inspired by this month!
If you search ‘Monkey Wrench’ there are a few different versions out there but to be consistent I would like your inspiration to come from the Monkey Wrench Block above.
- Each final project should read predominantly as one color in the spectrum: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, or violet.
- A ROYGBIV hand-dyed color bundle of fabric must be purchased from Cherrywood Fabrics Hopefully you already have your bundle but you can join in the fun anytime … just make sure you have your quit done by the end of the month!
- You must use ONE fabric from the ROYGBIV challenge bundle in each quilt which should correspond with the color you want your quilt to ‘read’.
- Any other fabrics from your stash may be added.
- You must use the month's block
- Quilts must finish 20” square.
- Share the story behind your quilt and how the block ‘Monkey Wrench’ was the inspiration.
- Your quilt must have a name.
- Pictures of your FINISHED 20” square quilts must be LINKED UP at the bottom of this post by 11:55pm CST on Sunday, May 31st (Trisha’s actual birthday).
- A 4" quilt rod pocket will need to be added to the back of the quilt before you send it to me January. Check out THIS tutorial for how to do this.
Other info …
- I would still love if everyone posted to the Flickr Group as that makes making mosaics and looking over things much easier, but it is no longer required.
- There is now a ‘Focus Through the Prism’ Facebook Group and a ‘Challenge Quilts’ Facebook Group you can join in on to share your thoughts, questions, or whatever related to quilting challenges. You can always post progress pictures there if you want too!
- Haven’t ordered your bundle yet? No worries! Order now! You can join in on all seven or just one challenge!
- Please use the hastag #pqoff #focusthroughtheprism #roygbiv when posting on social networking sites to help spread the word
- ‘How to link up to a Link Up’ post
- Prizes! There will be a grand prize at the end … more details to come. In the meantime – check out THIS POST for details about the randomly drawn prizes given out each month just for completing the challenge!
- I put together two tutorials for 20” Monkey Wrench Blocks – in either a 3 x 3 grid or a 5 x 5 grid HERE.